George, Who played with a
and suffered a Catastrophe of Considerable
When Georges Grandmamma was told
That George had been as good as
She promised in the afternoon
To buy him an Immense BALLOON.
And so she did; but when it came,
It got into the candle flame,
And being of a dangerous sort
Exploded with a loud report!
The lights went out! The windows
The room was filled with reeking
And in the darkness, shrieks and
Were mingled with electric bells,
And falling masonry and groans,
And crunching, as of broken bones,
And dreadful shrieks, when,
worst of all,
The house itself began to fall!
It tottered, shuddering to and fro,
Then crashed into the street below -
Which happened to be Savile Row.
help arrived, among the dead
Were Cousin Mary, Little Fred,
The Footmen (both of them), the
The man that cleaned the
The Chaplain, and the Still-Room
And I am dreadfully afraid
That Monsieur Champignon, the Chef,
Will now be permanently deaf -
And both his aides are much the
While George, who was in part to
Received, you will regret to hear,
A nasty lump behind the ear.
The moral is that little boys
Should not be given dangerous